Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Who We Truly Are

Over the last six months I have come to know who we truly are.  I was staring at my name tag the other day right before I put it on and thought long and hard about the names on the tag.  The top one is my name, but just below in just as big of letters is the name of our savior Jesus Christ.  I then remembered a scripture in 3 Nephi 27:27.  Christ tells his disciples that they are to be even as he is.  This seems like a pretty steep proposition!  But when we understand who we truly are and that we are truly "joint-heirs with Christ" (see Romans 8:17) then we will be able to see ourselves in a new light.  We will be able to see us as God sees us.  President Uchtdorf gives new light on the classic tale of "The Ugly Duckling."



Our Heavenly Father loves us!  All of us!  Don't turn away from Him.  His arms are always stretched out towards you.  No matter what pain you have or what you have done in your past, let his unfailing love and comfort surround you and give you peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment