Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Insights From the Seat of a Tractor

Growing up on a farm is interesting.  For the most part, there is a lot of time to ponder on the creations and works of our loving Heavenly Father.  Hours upon hours spent going back and forth through the field as the machinery does it's magic.

I remember when I was a young teenager that I was challenged by my bishop to take the time that I have while I am in the tractor, to concentrate on Jesus Christ, our Heavenly Father, and the many creations that they have given to us.  I gladly accepted the challenge.

There was a lot that I learned while I did that.  The most important thing that I learned, however, was the love that our Heavenly Father has for each one of us.  My thoughts were led to 3 Nephi 13:28-34.  One of my favorite phrases from this scripture is "Consider the lilies of the field how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin; And yet I say unto you, that even Solomon, in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these." (v. 28-29)  If our Heavenly Father cares so much for the grass, then why would he not care for His children?  Thus let us look to Him, let us seek Him and His omnipotent hand.  I know that Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father live.  I know that they are there for each of us and that they want us to grow and to succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment