Sunday, September 30, 2012

Everyday Things

It has been 3 weeks since I have returned home from my service as a full time missionary.  Let me tell you, the transition has been odd.  It has been a lot smoother than I thought it would, but it ain't all roses and daffodils.

The other day I went for a run.  I know it is a strange hobby, but it is a lot of fun!  On this run I was pushing my body so that I could run the 4 mile loop I was doing in less time than I usually do.  Well for some reason my lungs didn't want to cooperate.  I became short of breath and the airways started to close off a little.  I guess it just wasn't time yet to push that hard.

So what does all this have to do with anything?  As with running, we will be asked to surmount some pretty incredible tasks in our life.  All of which boils down to whether or not we are doing the simple day to day things to prepare ourselves for these events.  Just like a runner has to train diligently and consistently to be able to run a marathon, we can't expect to forgo the important things of life and be ready to be on the lords  team.  It just doesn't work.  It is the everyday things that will prepare us for the occasions when we will truly be asked "Whose on the Lord's side, Who?"

Elder Ulisses Soares: Abide in the Lord's Territory!




1 comment:

  1. I had to laugh a bit. When Levi returned from Baltimore he had been running 2-3 miles most mornings. So the first morning back, he was up at 6:30 am prepared to run that amount. He sumbled back after less than 1 mile gasping for breath. "Who took all the air?" he managed to squeak. Altitude makes a difference, my friend.

    ReplyDelete